Countdown to Turkey Day is in full swing and while the grocery list may be under control – have you thought about holiday decor?
Not yet? Great! We’ve created solutions for all types of Thanksgiving tables: a shatter-proof kid’s table, traditional decor, a color set and one inspired by natural elements. For more goodies visit our Fall Harvest board on Pinterest.
Table One: Children’s
This kid’s table works because everything (except the salt and pepper shakers) are break-free melamine. A children’s table doesn’t have to be typical or juvenile. Add a paper or coloring-safe table cloth and some Pilgrim crayons – you’re good to go! We bumped things up with a straw pumpkin and playful pieces – how about those toast coasters?
1. Toast of All Coasters / 2. Munchkin 5-pk. Multi Cups / 3. Croft and Barrow Pumpkin Placemat /
4. BergHOFF Smiley 4 Piece Flatware Set / 5. SONOMA life + style Rattan Pumpkin / 6. First and Forest Shaker Set / 7. The Curiosity Shoppe at Target Melaboo Dinner Plate Set of 4
Table Two: Non-traditional
Here’s a look inspired by nature featuring organic shapes, pieces and textures that can add interest to any table. We’re big fans of the small stag plates and wooden coasters for a cozy dessert.
1. Wood You Guess It Coasters / 2. Gold Flatware 5-pc. Set / 3. Browsing Store – Oldham + Harper Birds Glasses Set of 4 / 4. Speckled Boulder Mug / 5. Threshold Melamine Stag Appetizer Plates Set of 4 Multicolor / 6. Batik Olivewood Serving Utensil Set | LEIF / 7. Cobalt Serving Set
Table Three: Monochrome
Staying within the same color family is easy; and even easier when using metallics as seen here. The snow globe shakers anchored this set while the twig condiment spoons add some fun (along with the glitter serving tongs of course).
1. Glitter Salad Serving Set / 2. 6″ Larabee Dot Round Bowl / 3. Jali Lattice Dinnerware | west elm /
4. Organic Shaped Dinnerware Set-Metallic Rimmed / 5. Silver Sapling Twig Demitasse Spoon / 6. Silver Wishbone Ice Tongs / 7. Glass Bottles with Wood Stoppers / 8. Gama-Go Bear-ly Spiced Shaker Set
Table Four: Traditional
No real surprise here – handmade, homemade and kid-made elements are all welcome. Warm colors, chalk plate napkin tags and “give thanks” bar napkins will keep things fresh. The bird ornaments can be sprinkled between dishes for character.
Floral Arrangement Ideas
I like this floral and fruit display demo from The Glitter Guide. This is so simple, the hardest part will be choosing your color palette. Personally I like to use lots of greens and fragrant stems, like rosemary and eucalyptus, as a twofer: they look crisp and clean but are also wonderful at naturally eliminating odors in the home.
How are you decorating this year? Any secret tips or tricks? Tell us below and have a great Thanksgiving!